Jeda: Setapak Lagi Impian

Today's meeting was rather interesting - man! It has been quite some time since I got clarity. (Seems too long since the last time I be around good and better-than-myself companies; men especially).

Today I met with Pami just randomly (I am not quite spontaneous so this is quite new.

We talked about few things that I think golden:

1. Knowledge management instead of talent management; the buildings of community of practice but he resonated with me that it was an easy feat to cultivate a culture. Culture is rather an art, but he suggested that with technology, the opportunity becomes easier.

2. To find that one area of focus (problem) where the right people (competent) can be there to solve it. We talked about how the ministry of education works in this case.

3. Courage to be. (Well now I remember about that book 'Courage to be Disliked' but at the same time, he did shared how there is no such thing as wanting parents to accept us as if we have power over them. I never thought it that way.

So now, I was checking about education policy. I know I kind of dislike policy works, it sounds technical - but website building is as much technical duhh. So I try searching up 'knowledge management' and possibility of changes to happen without policy.

In one hand, of course as Pami pointed out there are few theories of change (radicalism, for one, he shared) so it looks that it is possible (Buku Jalanan Chow Kit can make a difference about education for refugees; the viral post works for Borneo schools) but on the other hand, schools must involve policies. Policies directly involve the changes in schools - bad, worse or good (or even untested too).

Maybe what I need to do is to categorize the problems and opportunities; are they policy-impacted or more cultural? Which one is much more needed or core problems? (E.g. the problem of education is at its base is the issue of worldview but do we still lack a competency to audit our own education system for example i.e. why we might use McKinsey for example)

Need to read more - maybe I should use these time to put down all the insights and experiences I have been through so I can get more.

Unsplash picture by Airam Dato-on.

P/s: I stumbled upon this book 'The Power of Positive Deviance: How Unlikely Innovators Solve the World's Toughest Problems' that reminds me to Christensen's book that talked how sometimes 'help' are not really helping.

Shafira.
In my ear:
John Mayer,
Half of My Heart.

Comments

Popular Posts