Jeda IIV

I was born in the arms of imaginary friends
Free to roam, made a home out of everywhere I've been
Then you come crashing in, like the realest thing
Trying my best to understand all that your love can bring
Oh half of my heart's got a grip on the situation
Half of my heart takes time
Half of my heart's got a right mind to tell you
That I can't keep loving you (can't keep loving you)
(John Mayer, Half of My Heart)

Unsplash picture by Paula May.

The focus area I think I want to focus on: the teenagers and youngsters learn. With the advent of Internet now, it is inevitable that learning becomes quite fluid - maybe we can learn from how Malays learn organically years ago. 

Not about the teachers (yes, we teachers should have great teaching training and knowledge but I do not have passion in dealing with people olders), not about school learning management (it can be subject to other people's whims i.e. Frog VLE), not curriculum so much too (I want to know but not entirely about this). 

I am concerned about the kids - the new generations. I have hopes and they remind me of myself before. I want that kind of resonance always. And I care about the curiosity and questions by these kids. Yes, that's. 

So policies: there are different kinds of policies (major vs minor; international policies e.g. PISA or OSLO Declaration or national policies e.g. PPSMI). So the questions I may ask myself is to know what kind of dynamics work from all these levels - and how far impactful and affecting they all are. Maybe I should read more case studies too, so I can be objective too. 

Is it technology I want to study? 

I think I like the evolution of technology - it has become the fabric of our very lives at an exponential rate (but now it has been quite a stagnant as some papers said). However, technology in itself is quite technical where I am not really like to go into too long. I want to know about them but not too long - maybe I have to learn a bit to code so I can save cost, or maybe how to prototype and make a mockup, that's technical, but that's for a while. I don't want to be a man of technique. 

I am still in the process of reading Jacques Ellul's The Technological Society so I am still open about this. 

How about social enterprise? 

The industry is still emerging (which makes it great) but the resources are here and there, still. I want to have some stability so I can contribute better - I am not a creator, I can be a pioneer but as an innovator, enhancing and building up others' works. That's what I want to do. The issue that I have to think about money (to sustain the ideas) sometimes takes too much from me. 

I am thinking of making them as my hobby/ side projects to channel what I gain and build at the core. The periphery. How that sounds like? 

Shafira. 
Shah Alam.

Comments

Popular Posts