Solo Journey #3
1. I was accepted to enroll in FIKL.
It was surreal but I think after more than two weeks knowing (and started to work on the assignments), I started to question myself - not because of the assignments - about the startups. I read a lot about stuffs, good, inspiring, and bad too. Bad that I felt that I may not be ready for any of that but at the same time I know that is not what keep me up at night.
I was not sure of what to do. I read somewhere that we should work on a customer's pain point and hence, should validate our assumptions and ideas. We should work on the minimum viable product or mockups that we can quickly learn from the customer.
But when I dwell on my own thoughts, I got scared.
Not because of the startups but about the problem I should focus on.
Maybe it is too big - education and learning.
Maybe I should just start with what I do best (reading my student's need ahead and walk the path together with them) but at the same time I know, I could not reach so far with what I have now - just myself.
I do have some big idea (the one startup people call BHAG - 'Big Hairy Audacious Goal'), it is scalable but it requires too much cost upfront.
Then when I reduce the idea a notch, I got something practical and doable, it will serve a segment of future customer that really feel the pain) but I don't know if it really is helpful.
Maybe I give too much excuse for my own fear here, right? For the time being, I should just try do what I can first, right?
2. I am looking to refine my Why - according to Simon Sinek's Start with Why guide. It was quite helpful but I am still looking for someone to buddy with, to help me see the pattern of my life.
Will work on this too!
Shafira.
It was surreal but I think after more than two weeks knowing (and started to work on the assignments), I started to question myself - not because of the assignments - about the startups. I read a lot about stuffs, good, inspiring, and bad too. Bad that I felt that I may not be ready for any of that but at the same time I know that is not what keep me up at night.
I was not sure of what to do. I read somewhere that we should work on a customer's pain point and hence, should validate our assumptions and ideas. We should work on the minimum viable product or mockups that we can quickly learn from the customer.
But when I dwell on my own thoughts, I got scared.
Not because of the startups but about the problem I should focus on.
Maybe it is too big - education and learning.
Maybe I should just start with what I do best (reading my student's need ahead and walk the path together with them) but at the same time I know, I could not reach so far with what I have now - just myself.
I do have some big idea (the one startup people call BHAG - 'Big Hairy Audacious Goal'), it is scalable but it requires too much cost upfront.
Then when I reduce the idea a notch, I got something practical and doable, it will serve a segment of future customer that really feel the pain) but I don't know if it really is helpful.
Maybe I give too much excuse for my own fear here, right? For the time being, I should just try do what I can first, right?
2. I am looking to refine my Why - according to Simon Sinek's Start with Why guide. It was quite helpful but I am still looking for someone to buddy with, to help me see the pattern of my life.
Will work on this too!
Shafira.
Comments
Post a Comment